Headquartered in Langley, British Columbia, Canada, Sepro Group operates a number of bases around the world. Sepro provides a dynamic, challenging and enjoyable environment with excellent working conditions and benefits. Team members from departments such as engineering, sales and technical service work collaboratively to produce the best equipment and process solutions for our customers.
Instead of listing what we feel our ideal values are, we took a different approach and asked employees at every level what they think Sepro values are, based on their experiences here at the company. Read on to learn what they had to say, below:
Innovation at Every Scale
“There are a lot of ways to innovate. Sometimes innovation means we create a brand new type of technology, and sometimes it means we find the problems in existing technology and fix them.” – Engineering employee.
“Sepro genuinely encourages everyone to think outside the box, whether it’s design or logistics, or just helping the customer get the result they want.” – Quality assurance employee.
Integrity and Service for Our Customers – Putting Them First
“The reason I applied to work at Sepro eight years ago, is they were the only one that asked me if I took pride in my work. Everyone here does.” – Shop employee.
“I’m out on site and I can see that we go above and beyond what’s expected of companies to support our customer. We take our warranties very seriously. It’s nice to know we really stand behind our product.” -Tech services employee.
“The customer’s needs are the top priority. We’ll adjust our processes and logistics to keep a customer satisfied.” – Accounting employee.
Continuously Improving Our Products and Each Other
“Even as Sepro has grown, we have maintained the agility we’ve had from day one in improving constantly. We’re always asking ‘how can we be better’? When someone has an idea for a small change that’ll help, we make those small changes. It adds up to big improvements.” – Quality assurance employee.
“We’re always making changes for the better. If I see a problem and point it out, we won’t wait to fix it.” -Tech services employee.
Quality Benefits Matter
Every company will have their own means of being competitive with salaries, benefit plans and vacation time – including Sepro. We asked employees how the benefits we offer contribute to their lives and well-being, and a few common themes emerged:
Family and Health
Every employee had a story about how Sepro valued their family life, mental health and medical needs.
“I had a surgery and was worried about recovery, but they really went out of their way to support me.” – Shop employee.
“Sepro is so family oriented. They value our lives outside of work, and I think it helps make us even more productive because there’s that balance.” -Tech services employee.
Another common theme was respect; employees felt like they were respected as people, as well as professionals.
“Accomplishments are genuinely acknowledged and rewarded. Once you’ve demonstrated your skills, those skills are respected and trusted.” – Sales employee.
“No one in the company is unapproachable – at every level, everyone is humble. Anyone can go talk to our CEO, Mark Van Kleek, and have their opinion heard and valued.” – Shop employee.
Sepro Encourages a Positive Atmosphere
Working hard is great, but enjoying yourself is great too – and that’s something some employees mentioned they appreciated.
“At a certain level, you have to come to work and enjoy it. The company works hard to run events that are actually fun and that employees want to do.” – Accounting staff.
“I really liked that they took us to see Star Wars. It’s just different from what you’d expect.” – Anonymous, self-proclaimed nerd.
Current Career Opportunities
Inside Sales Assistant
Sepro Mineral Systems has a rewarding opportunity in Langley, BC for an Inside Sales Assistant to join our team in a hybrid environment.
Sepro is a company comprised of smart people with a can-do attitude. We are proactive, believe in empowering people and take pride in our work. Innovation is at the core of who we are, and we believe in trying new things. Many of us are experts in our field, we’re committed to respecting each other, not positions, and we frequently collaborate. Ultimately, we know we work best as a team and we’re willing to roll up our sleeves and help get the job done. If this resonates with you, then we’ve got something in common – let’s chat! We love adding to our crew – we’ve got outdoors people, video game heroes, arts lovers, math geniuses, social folks, experimenters, introverts, movie buffs and lots of happy, welcoming people. So, whoever you are, we’re so glad you’re considering us and the Inside Sales Assistant role, and we can’t wait to short list and meet some of you!
INSIDE SALES ASSISTANT ROLE
• Organize proposal schedules to produce compliant, professional proposals within required time frames
• Prepare prequalification packages that compel clients to select us as their service provider of choice
• Support the Sales team with required internal communications and activities
• Review, research, and record information on pursuits and projects of interest. This may include reviewing bid sites, client/municipality websites and local publications for RFP/RFQ solicitations
• Maintain organized and accurate filing systems and databases for each project and related projects
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Legally able to work in Canada
• Strong written and spoken communication skills
• Willing and able to learn internal software including CRM, ERP, DDM (document control database)
• Able to prioritize and meet multiple project deadlines
• Manages project assignments from start to finish with minimal supervision
• Able to pivot between tasks and projects
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Able to excel in a deadline driven environment and handle stressful situations that may arise with professionalism and composure
• Quick learner with the desire to develop
• Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work with varied personalities
• Highly proficient in MS Office, particularly Word and Excel
Sepro is a rapidly expanding Canadian company operating internationally in the mining, metals, and construction aggregates industries. The company’s core business for the last 30 years has been the supply of mineral processing equipment, metallurgical testing and process consulting. Sepro provides a dynamic, challenging, and enjoyable environment with excellent working conditions and benefits.
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] in a word document or pdf format and refer to the position in the subject line. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however only those short listed will be contacted.
People and Culture Generalist
WHO WE ARE
At Sepro Mineral Systems, we have roughly 110 employees and we hired our first full-time People and Culture person less than a year ago. How did we get to this point before we needed People + Culture? We believe it’s in part because we started from solid ground: we have a strong culture, highly collaborative environment and engaged managers. Sepro is a company comprised of smart people with a can-do attitude. We are proactive, believe in empowering people and take pride in our work. Innovation is at the core of who we are, and we believe in trying new things. Many of us are experts in our field, we’re committed to respecting each other, not positions, and we frequently collaborate. Ultimately, we know we work best as a team and we’re willing to roll up our sleeves and help get the job done. If this resonates with you, then we’ve got something in common – let’s chat! We love adding to our crew – we’ve got outdoors people, video game heroes, arts lovers, math geniuses, social folks, experimenters, introverts, movie buffs and lots of happy, welcoming people. So whoever you are, we’re so glad you’re considering us and we can’t wait to short list and meet some of you!
Sepro is a rapidly expanding Canadian company operating internationally in the mining, metals, and construction aggregates industries. The company’s core business for the last 30+ years has been the supply of mineral processing equipment, metallurgical testing and process consulting. Sepro provides a dynamic, challenging and enjoyable environment with great working conditions and benefits.
Sepro is looking for a People and Culture Generalist to join the People + Culture team and be part of designing and building it. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and develop across a wide range of areas, work on and lead manageable projects from kick off to conclusion and make meaningful contributions. We have a history of training and promoting employees internally and we’re on the path of developing our post-Covid culture in a hybrid environment. We want our employee experience to get better, and are searching out creative ways to develop, define and strengthen our culture and internal systems.
This People and Culture Generalist role includes interesting work and participation in the design and implementation of an ecosystem that builds engagement and serves employees well. This includes
• Full-cycle recruitment that’s streamlined, user-friendly for everyone, supportive for managers, blends the art and science of recruitment and delivers great results
• Onboarding that’s functional, interesting and sets new hires up well
• Front-line employee service; helping people get answers!
• Roll out for reward and recognition programs
• Supporting the performance management cycle
• Employee engagement roll out support and follow up
• Organizing and facilitating Training and development
• Future HRIS selection and implementation to support the department and deliver key information to managers and employees
• Compensation and benefits
• Contributing to policy development and refinement
• Support, administration and leadership for various meetings and employee life cycle processes
• Designing, automating and improving processes
THE PERSON WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Loves what they do!
• Is relationship-focused with a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism and an ability to build partnerships across various disciplines and at all levels
• Has a strong desire to add value to the workplace via best practices, pragmatic implementation and idea generation
• Champions culture and keeps it top of mind
• Has the discipline to drive projects to completion and cares about the detail enough to check and confirm it
• Is developing coaching capabilities
• Has a structured and organized approach
• Is naturally proactive and resourceful
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum 2 years’ HR experience interacting with employment law in BC or Quebec
• 2-5 years’ experience in a similar role, or one with significant transferrable skills (please identify and highlight these)
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources. We’ll also consider HR certificates and diplomas
• Preference will be given to candidates with a CPHR designation or one in progress
• Demonstrated practical knowledge of BC Employment Standards, and other employment laws and regulations
• Beneficial but not required: Work in Quebec and French language abilities
• Beneficial but not required: prior work in an HRIS
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] in a word document or pdf format and refer to the People and Culture Generalist position in the subject line. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however due to a frustrating time shortage, only those short listed will be contacted.