Sepro Mineral Systems Corp. is a rapidly expanding Canadian company headquartered in Langley, British Columbia. We have offices and representatives located around the globe in support of the mining, metals, and construction aggregates industries.
Sepro’s core business for the last 25+ years has been the supply of mineral processing equipment, metallurgical testing and process consulting. Services range from evaluative studies through equipment and plant design, fabrication and commissioning.
Sepro provides a dynamic, challenging and enjoyable environment with excellent working conditions and benefits. Team members from departments such as Engineering, Sales and Technical Service work collaboratively to produce the best possible equipment and process solutions for our customers.
Current career opportunities
Position: Senior Automation Engineer
Reporting To: VP – Operations
Status: Full-Time, Salary
We are currently seeking an Automation Engineer to join our Langley, BC office. In this position, the successful candidate would be responsible for the design, development, and delivery of high quality, innovative engineering solutions as well as periodic technical support for our worldwide customers. The successful candidate will work with sales professionals to guide and confirm customer requirements, with operations professionals to select and manage vendors and with project managers to design and efficiently deliver electrical and automation packages for Sepro’s wide range of equipment around the world.
We offer a competitive salary that increases with technical capability and responsibility, comprehensive benefit package, and a flexible working environment with ample opportunity for international travel.
- Develop solutions to problems that require a high degree of innovation and ingenuity
- Review customer’s technical requirements and develop engineering designs and estimates for electrical and control systems
- Electrical, control and instrumentation system design including P&ID drawings, single line drawings, instrument loop drawings, electrical equipment connection diagrams
- Design, configure and program PLC/HMI applications
- Design and commission industrial electrical power systems, including electrical room design, equipment specifications, motor control, grounding systems, cable and raceway sizing and layouts, etc.
- Prepare and evaluate tender and construction packages, including electrical and instrumentation drawings, installation specifications, and other supporting documentation
- Assist with vendor selection and management for electrical and automation components
- Provide technical guidance to junior engineers, technologists, and drafters
- Bachelor degree in electrical engineering or two year diploma in automation technology, complemented with relevant experience
- Superior analytical, interpersonal, communication, and technical writing skills
- High level of creativity and problem solving abilities
- Resourceful, self-managed, and goal driven but still able to work effectively in a team
- Strong experience in commissioning, start-up and troubleshooting of control systems
- Experience with industrial/process equipment (mining, oil & gas, pulp & paper)
- Experience with Allen Bradley, Siemens, and Mitsubishi equipment including VFDs, PLCs, and HMI would be an asset
- Ability and willingness to travel to domestic and international locations (25% of time)
- 5+ years of relevant experience
To apply for this position, send a resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Automation Engineer” as the subject.