Sepro Mineral Systems Corp. is a rapidly expanding Canadian company headquartered in Langley, British Columbia. We have offices and representatives located around the globe in support of the mining, metals, and construction aggregates industries.
Sepro’s core business for the last 25+ years has been the supply of mineral processing equipment, metallurgical testing and process consulting. Services range from evaluative studies through equipment and plant design, fabrication and commissioning.
Sepro provides a dynamic, challenging and enjoyable environment with excellent working conditions and benefits. Team members from departments such as Engineering, Sales and Technical Service work collaboratively to produce the best possible equipment and process solutions for our customers.
Current career opportunities
Position: Senior Automation Engineer
Reporting To: VP – Operations
Status: Full-Time, Salary
We are currently seeking an Automation Engineer to join our Langley, BC office. In this position, the successful candidate would be responsible for the design, development, and delivery of high quality, innovative engineering solutions as well as periodic technical support for our worldwide customers. The successful candidate will work with sales professionals to guide and confirm customer requirements, with operations professionals to select and manage vendors and with project managers to design and efficiently deliver electrical and automation packages for Sepro’s wide range of equipment around the world.
We offer a competitive salary that increases with technical capability and responsibility, comprehensive benefit package, and a flexible working environment with ample opportunity for international travel.
- Develop solutions to problems that require a high degree of innovation and ingenuity
- Review customer’s technical requirements and develop engineering designs and estimates for electrical and control systems
- Electrical, control and instrumentation system design including P&ID drawings, single line drawings, instrument loop drawings, electrical equipment connection diagrams
- Design, configure and program PLC/HMI applications
- Design and commission industrial electrical power systems, including electrical room design, equipment specifications, motor control, grounding systems, cable and raceway sizing and layouts, etc.
- Prepare and evaluate tender and construction packages, including electrical and instrumentation drawings, installation specifications, and other supporting documentation
- Assist with vendor selection and management for electrical and automation components
- Provide technical guidance to junior engineers, technologists, and drafters
- Bachelor degree in electrical engineering or two year diploma in automation technology, complemented with relevant experience
- Superior analytical, interpersonal, communication, and technical writing skills
- High level of creativity and problem solving abilities
- Resourceful, self-managed, and goal driven but still able to work effectively in a team
- Strong experience in commissioning, start-up and troubleshooting of control systems
- Experience with industrial/process equipment (mining, oil & gas, pulp & paper)
- Experience with Allen Bradley, Siemens, and Mitsubishi equipment including VFDs, PLCs, and HMI would be an asset
- Ability and willingness to travel to domestic and international locations (25% of time)
- 5+ years of relevant experience
To apply for this position, send a resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Automation Engineer” as the subject.
Position: Junior Parts Sales Representative
Status: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Montreal, Quebec
The Junior Parts Sales Representative will be responsible for responding to customer emailed parts requests, supporting senior sales staff and processing orders for our international clients in a quick and professional manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly via email or phone
- Must possess a strong work ethic and be able to work unsupervised
- Ability to develop in-depth knowledge about our products and markets
- Strong customer service skills
- Able to organize, plan and prioritize work
- Interpersonal skills to communicate with staff at all levels of the organization and a great enthusiastic attitude is a must.
- Previous Sales experience is beneficial for this position
- Logistics experience is a strong asset
- Experience working within a business-to-business environment (preferred but not limited to Heavy Equipment, Mining, and Mineral Processing).
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
Other Desirable Attributes:
- Knowledge of ERP – Industrios Software
- Ability to read Engineering drawings
- Experience in Mining or Mineral Processing
- Fluent in written and verbal Russian, Spanish, Portuguese or French
The incumbent will be reporting to the Parts Sales Manager in Langley, BC and will be supported by Head Office sales staff as well as by the Montreal Office Manager.
Sepro Mineral Systems Corp. is a Canadian company operating internationally in the mining, metals, and construction aggregates industries. The company’s core business for the last 25+ years has been the supply of mineral processing equipment, metallurgical testing and process consulting. Sepro provides a dynamic, challenging and enjoyable environment with excellent working conditions and benefits.
Sepro offers a competitive benefits package and an Employee Share Ownership Program.
Please send your resumes or CVs to email@example.com in a word document or pdf format, with attention Parts Sales Manager in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those seriously considered will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Position: Sales and Service Technician (Western Australia)
- Applicant must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Job will be based in Perth
- Up to 50% travel around Australia, South East Asia and possibly South/East Africa
- Develop understanding of Sepro’s equipment from process, electrical and mechanical perspective
- Assist service team with installation, commissioning and servicing Sepro products on site
- Assist existing users of Sepro equipment with trouble shooting, optimization on site test work
- Creating reports and instructional documentation related to operating and maintenance of equipment
- Assisting with equipment enquiries and generating of capital equipment quotations
- Assisting with spare parts sales and enquiries and monitoring of current spare part inventory levels
- Maintaining a high level of safety while working on and off site
- Assisting with conducting/coordinating lab and plant trials to evaluate potential applications for Sepro equipment
Education and Experience:
The job requires a range of knowledge across 3 major disciplines (Mechanical, Electrical and Process). Preference will be given to applicants with a general engineering diploma or technical education, although, candidates with engineering degrees will still be considered. Applicants with programming, computer science or IT backgrounds will not be considered. Preference will also be given to applicants with field experience in a mineral processing environment. Example: TAFE – Diploma of Process Plant Technology or Engineering studies or similar.
- Experience working with mineral processing equipment, specifically gravity concentrators, grinding mills, ore scrubbers, vibrating screens, pumps, mixers, cyanide leaching
- 1-2 years’ experience working in mineral processing plant environment
- Can do attitude with hands on practical approach to trouble shooting
- Comfortable taking initiative and problem solving in new/unfamiliar environments
What Sepro provides:
An initial on job training period will cover:
- All mechanical aspects of Sepro’s product line, including assembly and maintenance of machinery
- Travel to Canada for training in our fabrication/assembly facility
- The electrical components, including PLC logic, VFD’s, 24v control circuits and 3phase motor controls
- Process knowledge related to gravity circuits, grinding, screening, scrubbing, agglomeration and cyanide leaching
- Sepro is a dynamic growing company with satellite offices throughout the world. You will join a small proactive team in Australia as we grow our capability to service the local and Asia Pacific region with a range of mineral processing and aggregate solutions.
To apply for this position, send a resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Sales and Service Technician” as the subject.